Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Canada's Sweethearts', Skating Team Jamie Sale & David Pelletier To Quietly Divorce

I like them. Davis was so funny during the Vancouver games when he was a commentator during the pairs skate.

Bronze Member

David is involved with Tessa Virtue, Canada's latest Gold medal pairs skater. It's not certain if that was the relationship that's been going on for over a year, or if he fooled around with someone else, but they definitely are an item.

Jamie is involved with hockey player and married father of 3, Craig Simpson. Depending on who you believe, they had an affair during Battle of the Blades or shortly afterwards. Simpson's wife left him recently, some time this year. There are rumors that Jamie is prengnant, probably not true. An Edmonton radio station was talking about these rumors 2 weeks ago. It's all over Edmonton, no secret.

Jamie might have been devastated, because in early 2009 when something started to happen in their relationship, they cancelled commentating for NBC which was planned and also some skating shows in Europe. They did Stars on Ice 2009 which was in their contract, but Jamie was skinny as a rake. They started to look more like a family again by the summer and things appeared to be on the mend until just after new year 2010.

The reason I say Jamie may have been devastated is that she must have a short memory if she was, because she turned around and did the same thing to another woman, Craig Simpson's wife. Craig Simpson was her hockey player partner in Battle of the Blades last October, which the 2 of them won. It's a badly kept secret that Sale and Simpson had an affair sometime during or after the Battle of the Blades. I don't know if they are "together" but they certainly are still an item, and Craig's wife has left him. It might be OK in Jamie and David's eyes that their little boy grows up without 2 parents living together, but Craig Simpson and his wife have 3 teenagers and a 20 year marriage. Craig Simpson had a lot of respect in the community. Well so did Sale and Pelletier to some extent, but they look pretty selfish now.

Yes, David is definitely an item with Tessa Virtue. She might have been the one that caused the marriage breakdown, but it could have been another short liason on David's part. Nevertheless, he has been seeing her since early 2009 at least.
    Last edited by Tati; August 2nd, 2010 at 08:37 AM.

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

I'd never cheat on anyone who I had to go figure skate with every day. The blades on the bottom of those skates are sharp. I'd fear a crime of passion, for realz.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well, I guess now she knows how his first wife felt.

yep

I never liked either one of them..... and didn't feel they deserved the pity medal either.

So disappointing when one finds out that one's idols have feet of clay.

Sounds like Jamie AND David have their dark sides...

Yep, what a shame they split up, since it sounds like they really deserve each other.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Some of my online buddies on a skating forum have told me that David is pretty much a womanizing, controlling twat. He seems so charming on TV, I cannot believe all of this. I knew Jamie was a bitch, but both of them seem incredibly self-absorbed and thoughtless.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    yep

I never liked either one of them..... and didn't feel they deserved the pity medal either.
    Shhhhhh! <small voice> neither did I.

nice routine, lots of energy but none of the technical finesse of the Russian couple.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Shhhhhh! <small voice> neither did I.

nice routine, lots of energy but none of the technical finesse of the Russian couple.

yep and boo hooing could be heard all over the world.. I watched them compete the same darn routine for 4 years - I could almost do it my darn self.. if I could skate that is. The Russians skated a new routine. Previously when Nancy Kerrigan threw a perfect routine she didn't win because it didn't have the difficulty Osana's did, even though Osana two footed a jump. The Utah Olympics wasn't the best by a long shot.

I never liked them from the get go because Jamie slammed David's wife before he was divorced. They both look like snots to me.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by marnie View Post
    David is involved with Tessa Virtue, Canada's latest Gold medal pairs skater. It's not certain if that was the relationship that's been going on for over a year, or if he fooled around with someone else, but they definitely are an item.

Jamie is involved with hockey player and married father of 3, Craig Simpson. Depending on who you believe, they had an affair during Battle of the Blades or shortly afterwards. Simpson's wife left him recently, some time this year. There are rumors that Jamie is prengnant, probably not true. An Edmonton radio station was talking about these rumors 2 weeks ago. It's all over Edmonton, no secret.

Jamie might have been devastated, because in early 2009 when something started to happen in their relationship, they cancelled commentating for NBC which was planned and also some skating shows in Europe. They did Stars on Ice 2009 which was in their contract, but Jamie was skinny as a rake. They started to look more like a family again by the summer and things appeared to be on the mend until just after new year 2010.

The reason I say Jamie may have been devastated is that she must have a short memory if she was, because she turned around and did the same thing to another woman, Craig Simpson's wife. Craig Simpson was her hockey player partner in Battle of the Blades last October, which the 2 of them won. It's a badly kept secret that Sale and Simpson had an affair sometime during or after the Battle of the Blades. I don't know if they are "together" but they certainly are still an item, and Craig's wife has left him. It might be OK in Jamie and David's eyes that their little boy grows up without 2 parents living together, but Craig Simpson and his wife have 3 teenagers and a 20 year marriage. Craig Simpson had a lot of respect in the community. Well so did Sale and Pelletier to some extent, but they look pretty selfish now.

Yes, David is definitely an item with Tessa Virtue. She might have been the one that caused the marriage breakdown, but it could have been another short liason on David's part. Nevertheless, he has been seeing her since early 2009 at least.
    I've heard everything you're saying. I understand that things took a turn for the worse around the time of the Winter Olympics. Apparently the cameras rarely (if at all) panned to show Tessa's family in the audience during her performances because David was sitting with them and the 'rumor' hadn't been made public yet.

David dumped his first wife for Jamie so it's no surprise he tired of her. He has a reputation as being extremely tempermental and controlling. Jamie is no prize either and from all accounts, it's true that she turned around and got involved with Craig Simpson.

Bronze Member

Wow, this gives new meaning to the Kiss and Cry area.

My favorite has always been Kurt Browning so I'd hate to think his nice guy image is also just a facade

yep

Thank God, I thought I was the only one..

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromBristol View Post
    Wow, this gives new meaning to the Kiss and Cry area.

My favorite has always been Kurt Browning so I'd hate to think his nice guy image is also just a facade
    Kurt is another hound, allegedly. There is some long and complicated story involving him, Katia Goordeva and Scott Hamilton; I think it was discussed in the Winter Games thread a little bit.

LOL, so many people think that all male skaters are gay, and many of them are boning every chick in sight sometimes.

Bronze Member

I saw Kurt and his wife on the plane home from Madrid last month, with one of their little ones, the toddler. I think they all had their moments when they were younger, but Kurt and his wife seem to be solid. David and Jamie seemed to be and are, to an extent, charming and wholesome, but they let the fame get to them. I can't figure out why I have more sympathy for David, I'm not someone who blames the woman in these things, but I think he had an affair whereas Jamie was the one who ditched the marriage. I kinda always thought she would do something like this, but not so soon in their marriage. Well, opportunity came along and she took it. It seems like the details of the guys life (married, children, she has met the wife many times) don't seem to matter when Ms. Sale wants something. But karma is a strange thing. "What goes around" etc. really is true. Be careful what you wish for and all that stuff. On the skating sites there is a pregnancy rumor about her and she still hasn't signed up for this years version of the show battle of the blades. Time will tell.

Elite Member

yep and boo hooing could be heard all over the world.. I watched them compete the same darn routine for 4 years - I could almost do it my darn self.. if I could skate that is. The Russians skated a new routine. Previously when Nancy Kerrigan threw a perfect routine she didn't win because it didn't have the difficulty Osana's did, even though Osana two footed a jump. The Utah Olympics wasn't the best by a long shot.

I never liked them from the get go because Jamie slammed David's wife before he was divorced. They both look like snots to me.
    I did not know all of this. Thanks for the info!

I'm an Olympics slut and the Utah Olympics disappointed me, too, for so many little reasons. It wasn't only the bullying surrounding the pairs competition, to humiliate Russia and make sure N. America got a gold, there was a bullying air to the entire event.

When the scandal surfaced behind SLC's tactics to get the Olympics, I was not surprised.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information